Omnibus Wind Ensemble
We are very proud to present to you the fourth album with the Omnibus Wind Ensemble!
This time the Omnibus Wind Ensemble have chosen favourites from the rich world of opera.
Since the start of 1982, the ensemble have performed opera overtures - it has really become something of a specialty, which always has been so very much appreciated by the audience. Opera Pearls includes nice and sparkling overtures as well as beautiful and seducing arias. At the same time we find serious dedication and spiritual humour; strong characters which suits the Omnibus Wind Ensemble's unique instrumentation so very well (actually, their instrumentation is the only one of it's kind in the world).
This is an inspired and fresh performance!
GIOACCHINO ROSSINI (1792-1868)|
1. Overture to the Opera Semiramide 12'28
GEORGES BIZET (1838-1875)
2. Overture to the Opera Carmen 2'16
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART (1756-1791)
3. Overture to the Opera Don Giovanni 6'08
4. Duettino "Là ci darem la mano" from the Opera Don Giovanni 2'55
5. Aria "Dalla sua pace la mia dipende" from the Opera Don Giovanni 3'38
6. Carizonetta "Deh! veni alla finestra" from the Opera Don Giovanni 2'21
7. Overture to the Opera Cosi fan tutte 4'56
8. Overture to the Opera Die Zauberflöte 6'28
9. "Marsch der Priester" from the Opera Die Zauberflöte 2'39
CARL NIELSEN (1865-1931)
10. "Dance of the Cockerels" from the Opera Maskerade 4'56
GIOACCHINO ROSSINI (1792-1868)
11. Overture to the Opera L'Italians In Algeri 8'13
RICHARD WAGNER (1813-1883)
12. Overture and choir from the Opera Tannhauser 5'41
All arrangements by: Lars-Erik Lidstrom