THE CARNEGIE HALL CONCERT
From-the-Vault Live Release Captures Iconic Singer-Songwriter at Height of Her Breakout Period.
Every so often, a from-the-vault release captures our hearts, minds, and attention in such a way that it's impossible not to tell all family, friends, and neighbors about its existence. Originally issued to commemorate the 25th anniversary of Tapestry, Carole King's The Carnegie Hall Concert: June 18, 1971 is such a record, a fortunate document of an absolutely magical period in the singer-songwriter's legendary career and a revealing look at the then-stagefright artist turning in a commanding performance just as she was becoming a superstar.
Mastered from the Original Tapes: Intimate Sonics Make It Seem Like King is Sitting Five Feet Away.
Stripped-Down Songs Teem With Warmth, Nuance, Emotion; James Taylor Also Appears.
Mastered from the original tapes, Mobile Fidelity's numbered limited-edition hybrid SACD of this compelling concert album brims with liveliness, depth, dimension, detail, and transparency. The nuances of King's spare performances and warm vocals emanate as if she's sitting five feet away. Stripped down even further than they are on the studio albums, songs breathe with palpable earnestness and emotion, the subtle differences from their more polished studio brethren allowing listeners an insight into King's creative genius.
This historic album is presented in the Super Audio Compact Disc format, which contains a CD layer and ultra-high resolution layer of music. Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab transferred the original analog master tapes using the critically acclaimed GAIN 2TM System.
Packaged in Numbered Limited Edition Mini LP Style Packaging!
1. I Feel the Earth Move - 3:36|
2. Home Again - 2:45
3. After All This Time - 3:19
4. Child of Mine (Gerry Goffin, King) - 4:03
5. Carry Your Load - 2:59
6. No Easy Way Down - (Goffin, King) 5:32
7. Song of Long Ago - 3:24
8. Snow Queen (Goffin, King) - 3:51
9. Smackwater Jack (Goffin, King) - 3:49
10. So Far Away - 4:12
11. It's Too Late (King, Toni Stern) - 4:22
12. Eventually (Goffin, King) - 4:38
13. Way over Yonder - 4:13
14. Beautiful - 2:39
15. You've Got a Friend [Performed with James Taylor] - 6:25
16. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow?/Some Kind of Wonderful/Up on the Roof
[medley; performed with James Taylor] (Goffin, King) - 7:46
17. (You Make Me Feel Like) A Natural Woman (Goffin, King, Jerry Wexler) - 4:09
Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
recordings are distributed in Australia by