Roméo et Juliette
Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra & Swedish Radio Choir
Artistic discretion and emotional truth go hand in hand in this beautifully observed performance, with Berlioz's luminous orchestration and dramatic scheme perceptively articulated by Robin Ticciati and with a chorus and soloists who unerringly get to the music's heart. Gramophone
Robin Ticciatis deserved reputation as one of the great Berliozians of our age is evident on this, his second recording with the award winning Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra.
Ticciati has previously recorded Symphonie Fantastique, Les nuits d'été & La mort de Cléopâtre and Lenfance du Christ; the latter was named Gramophones Top Choice recording of this repertoire.
Ticciati and the SRSO are joined by the Swedish Radio Choir, a phenomenal ensemble and one of the best large-scale choruses in Europe, alongside featured soloists Katija Dragojevic mezzo-soprano, Andrew Staples tenor and Alastair Miles bass.
Roméo et Juliette was considered a pinnacle of French Romanticism and a brilliant example of Berliozs orchestral mastery.
The work is one of the most original conceptions of the nineteenth century: deftly poised between symphony and stage drama.
Robin Ticciati fully communicates the range of Berliozs imagination; he brings an innate understanding of the romanticism of the music and succeeds in delivering a performance that is brimming with color.
Robin Ticciatis recordings have received many accolades: Best Classical Album listings in The Sunday Times (2012 & 2014) and The Telegraph (2015), Critics Choice Sound of 2012 in The Independent, CD of the Week in the Sunday Times and on BBC Radio 3 CD Review and Recording of the Month in Gramophone.
Ticciati is Music Director of Glyndebourne Festival Opera and was named by Gramophone as one of the top ten young conductors onthe verge of greatness and one of Tomorrow's Icons.
Ticciati is also a regular guest conductor of the Swedish Radio Symphony Orchestra, widely considered to be one of Europes leading orchestras.
The SRSO has won many Swedish and international awards including a GRAMMY® and has made several GRAMMY®-nominated recordings.
1. Introduction instrumentale: Combats – Tumulte – Intervention du Prince
2. Danciennes haines endormies
3. La fête est terminée
4. Strophes: Premiers transports que nul noublie!
5. Scherzetto vocal: Mab, la messagère
6. Roméo seul. Tristesse – Bruit lontain de bal et de concert – Grande fête chez Capulet
7. Nuit sereine. Le jardin de Capulet, silencieux et désert...Scène damour
1. La reine Mab, ou la Fée des songes
2. Jetez des fleurs pour la vierge expirée!
3. Roméo au tombeau des Capulets
4. Invocation – Réveil de Juliette – Joie délirante, désespoir, dernières angoisses et mort des deux amants
5. La foule accourt au cimetière – Rixe des Capulets et des Montagus
6. Récitatif et Air du Père Laurence
7. Serment de réconciliation
Linn Records CDs
are distributed in Australia by
Rockian Trading, P.O.Box 44, Briar Hill, Vic, 3088, Australia
Telephone (03) 9432 4149 ~ Facsimile (03) 9444 6879