All Linn Records SACDs are hybrid and will play in any CD player.|
Hybrid Multichannel & Stereo SACD / HDCD
My Beloved is Mine
Song Cycles by Benjamin Britten
James Gilchrist - tenor
Anna Tilbrook - piano
His enunciation is superb, his melodic phrasing is always wonderfully musical
BBC Music Magazine
The greatly sought-after tenor, James Gilchrist, continues his highly acclaimed exploration of British song with his new recording of Benjamin Britten works.
Gilchrist's singing and Tilbrook's piano accompaniments are all that can be wished for. MusicWeb International
His 2010 recording of Leighton Earth, Sweet Earth, (laudes terrae) and Britten Winter Words was called outstandingly accomplished by Gramophone.
This is the fifth recording in a collection which has embraced works by Gerald Finzi, Kenneth Leighton, Ralph Vaughan Williams, Ivor Gurney, Arthur Bliss and Peter Warlock and has uncovered the beautiful songs of Muriel Herbert. As The Times stated: As an interpreter of English song, Gilchrist is often in a class by himself.
James Gilchrist has appeared with many of the world’s prestigious ensembles and under several leading conductors; he recently performed with Retrospect Ensemble for their recording with Linn Records, J. S. Bach Easter & Ascension Oratorios.
James is sought after for operatic roles, ensemble performances and as a respected recitalist.
Anna Tilbrook is one of Britain's most exciting pianists, with a considerable reputation in song recitals and chamber music. She made her debut at Wigmore Hall in 1999 and has since become a regular performer at Europe’s major concert halls and festivals.
On This Island, Op. 11
1. Let the florid music praise! 3:36
2. Now the leaves are falling fast 2:20
3. Seascape (For Kit Welford) 2:01
4. Nocturne 3:55
5. As it is, plenty 1:31
The Holy Sonnets of John Donne, Op. 35
6. Oh my Black soule! 3:05
7. Batter my heart 1:15
8. O might those sighes and teares 3:32
9. Oh, to vex me 1:10
10. What if this present 3:15
11. Since she whom I loved 3:39
12. At the round earth’s imagined corners 2:32
13. Thou hast made me 1:23
14. Death, be not proud 4:21
Seven Sonnets of Michelangelo, Op. 22
15. Si come nella penna e nell’inchiostro 1:56
16. che piu debb’io mai l’intensa voglia 1:28
17. Veggio co’ bei vostri occhi un dolce lume 3:21
18. Tu sa’ ch’io so, signior mie, che tu sai 1:44
19. Rendete a gli occhi miei, o fonte o fiume 1:44
20. S’un casto amor, s’una pieta superna 1:24
21. Spirto ben nato, in cui si specchia e vede 5:10
22. Canticle I ‘My Beloved is Mine’, Op. 40 7:30
SACD, DSD and their logos are trademarks of Sony.
Linn Records Super Audio CDs
are distributed in Australia by
Rockian Trading, P.O.Box 44, Briar Hill, Vic, 3088, Australia
Telephone (03) 9432 4149 ~ Facsimile (03) 9444 6879