All Linn Records SACDs are hybrid and will play in any CD player.|
Multichannel & Stereo SACD / HDCD
& Joseph Marx
Emma Bell was a 2003 Borletti-Buitoni Trust award winner.
Emma is at the forefront of the younger sopranos of her generation and is much admired for her richly coloured, beautiful voice as well as her sensitive musicianship and dramatic intensity in performance. She studied at the Royal Academy of Music and at the National Opera Studio and has received numerous awards.
Emma's recent performance as Rodelinda at Glyndebourne was received to outstanding critical acclaim:
Bell at the close of the second act is, quite simply, one of the most beautiful things you will ever hear.
Emma Bell sings Rodelinda with gorgeous tone and spectacular vocal control over the role's well-nigh impossible range.
Tim Ashley - The Guardian - June 15th, 2004
The title role is in safe hands again with Emma Bell: full-throttle singing, this, but never uncomfortably so.
Geoff Brown - The Times - June 16th, 2004
1. Tragödie I - Op. 12 No. 4
2. Tragödie II - Op. 12 No. 5
3. Tragödie III - Op. 12 No. 6
4. Freundliche Vision - Op. 48 No. 1
5. Das Rosenband - Op. 36 No. 1
6. Nachtgang - Op. 29 No. 3
7. Muttertändelei - Op. 43 No. 2
8. Des Kindes Schlaf
9. Die Lerche
11. Hat dich die liebe berürht
12. Ein Drängen ist in meinem Herzen.
14. Und gestern hat er mir Rosen gebracht
15. Kornblumen - Op. 22 No. 1
16. Mohnblumen - Op. 22 No. 2
17. Epheu - Op. 22 No. 3
18. Wasserose - Op. 22 No. 4
19. Hat gesagt belibt's nicht dabei - Op. 36 No. 3
20. Du meines Herzens Krönelein - Op. 21 No. 2
21. Traum durch die Dämmerung - Op. 29 No. 1
22. Schlechtes Wetter - Op. 69 No. 5
23. Waltrauts Lied I - Op. 11 No. 3
24. Waltrauts Lied II - Op. 11 No. 4
25. Liebeslust - Op. 11 No. 6
SACD, DSD and their logos are trademarks of Sony.
Linn Records Super Audio CDs
are distributed in Australia by
Rockian Trading, P.O.Box 44, Briar Hill, Vic, 3088, Australia
Telephone (03) 9432 4149 ~ Facsimile (03) 9444 6879